CORE BUSINESS PROPOSITION
Microdish delivers an improved platform for microbial culture growth and detection through design, manufacture and use of microengineered culture chips and nanoscale reagents, leading to lower cost, less environmental impact and better (faster, more accurate and controlled) product characteristics.
- Platform technology with applications in many different sectors of cell culture
- Next-generation - compared to the more than 100 year old Petri dish; combining microbiological culture technologies with major advances in materials science, automation and surface chemistry
- Products (Microdish Culture Chip) are being sold to initial customers (research labs, product development consortia)
- Second-generation products are in development (expected launch end of 2011)
- Advanced surface chemistry and microbial detection nanotechnology for specific applications in niche markets in progress
- Microdishe Culture Chips are environmentally friendly; they have the potential to reduce dangerous waste within microbial testing laboratories